overstay visa fines for minors in vietnam exit

Question: “My child has been overstaying for 12 days, how much do I have to pay for overstay visa fines for minors in Vietnam?”

Answer: The parents or guardians of the minors can rest assured that the child will not be departed. According to Vietnam’s policy of child protection, foreign minors who overstay a visa will be allowed to extend or convert visas whatsoever. However, if they overstay for too long, parents or the guardian of the child may be fined according to the regulations.

Overstay visa fines rates in Vietnam

In Vietnam, the fine for overstaying a visa is charged by days of overstaying. According to Article 18 of Government Decree No. 144/2021/ND-CP dated December 31, 2021, the fine rates for foreigners are as follows:

  1. Under 16 days: 500.000 VND (20$) – 2.000.000 VND (87$)
  2. From 16-30 days: 3.000.000 VND (150$) – 5.000.000 VND (250$).
  3. Over 30 to under 60 days: 5.000.000 VND (250$) – 10.000.000 VND (450$).
  4. Over 60 to under 90 days: 10.000.000 VND (450$) – 15.000.000 VND (652$).
  5. Over 90 days: 15.000.000 VND (652$) – 20.000.000 VND++ (900$).

(Read more visa overstaying fines for adults in here.)

Can overstaying visa minor keep staying in Vietnam?

The minor can continue to stay in Vietnam even for overstaying a visa. After parents or guardians pay the fines, the minor can extend their travel visa, TT visa, visa exemption, or visa conversion (to Temporary residence card, or 5-year visa exemption) if they meet the requirements of the authorities.

Should you let’s overstaying visa minor leave Vietnam?

You can let the minor exit the country with a valid short-term visa issued by Vietnam Immigration Department. Or if you want the overstaying child to exit at the airport immediately without reporting at the Vietnam Immigration Department, please contact for support 24/7 at Hotline (Tel/Zalo/Telegram/Whatsapp) +84904 895 228, visa@greencanal.com.

  • When a minor’s visa is overstayed, parents or guardians must not take the child out of Vietnam without declaring it to the Immigration Department. It violates the law and might affect the minor further visit to the country.
  • In case of visa conversion (to Temporary residence card, or 5-year visa exemption), please contact the Hotline 4/7: 0904 895 228 for support.
overstay visa fines for minors in vietnam

What should you do if your child overstays a visa?

  1. Go to Vietnam Immigration Department and report.
  2. Pay fines (if any).
  3. Apply for a short-term visa for exitting the country.
  4. Or if the child have enoungh required documents, they could extend or convert their visa.

Instructions for extending visa or exiting country for minors are as follows:

Extension time for overstaying visa

Depending on the nationality of the minor, the time is as follows:

  • 15 days: for minors with citizenship from British, France, Japan, Korea, Germany, Italy, Spanish, Belarus, Russian, Finland, Switzerland, and Norway.
  • 14 days: for minors with citizenship of Brunei, Myanmar.
  • 21 days: for minors with citizenship of the Philippines.
  • 30 days: for minors who are citizens of ASEAN.
  • 90 days: for minor tourists from Chile and Panama.
  • 15-30 days: for minor with a tourist/family visit visa valid for 1 month, 3 months for single entry, or 6 months for multiple entry visas.
  • 3-6 months if the minors have a 5-year visa exemption.

Extension procedures for overstaying minor

  1. Minor’s passport.
  2. Relation confirmation: Birth certificate, Power Of Attorney.
  3. Visa, visa exemption, or Vietnam Temporary Residence card.
  4. Visa fee.

Attention: For minors under 14 years old, parents, or guardians can fully apply for visa extension or visa conversion, visa exemption certificate, etc. on behalf of the children in Vietnam Immigration Department (44 Tran Phu Str, Ba Dinh Dist, Hanoi or 337 Nguyen Trai, 1 Dist, Ho Chi Minh City).

overstay visa fines for minors in Vietnam 2022
Vietnam Immigration Department (44 Tran Phu Str, Hanoi)

Support for overstay visa for minors in Vietnam

We will help you checking for overstay visa fines for minors in Vietnam now, notifying you of fines fee, and gving intructions for visa extension or visa conversion, document required are as follow:

  • Passport photo.
  • Scan or photo of the child’s visa or visa exemption, Vietnam Temporary Residence card.
  • Photo of the latest renewal stamp (if any).

Please send the documents via:

  • Hotline 24/7: 0904 895 228 – 0917 163 993.
  • Tel: 024 3724 5292 – 028 3824 8838.
  • Email: visa@greencanal.com.

We have been handling overstay visas for minors for 18 years, helping exit at the airport quickly, visa extension and renewal, visa conversion, Temporary residence card, or 5-year visa exemption. Simple procedures only required a passport. We will help you handle problems quickly at the lowest cost.


    Liên hệ