A Vietnam visa on arrival is a visa issued by competent Vietnamese authorities to foreigners, allowing entry into Vietnam within a certain period of time and issued at the border gate of Vietnam’s international airport upon arrival. Is a visa on arrival available in Vietnam? Yes, now you can apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival for the following conditions:
- Foreigners who are eligible for visa or Vietnam visa exemption.
- Sponsored by organizations, businesses, or individuals in Vietnam.
- Foreigners who were granted approved entry letters by Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Entry into Vietnam by air travel and at 1 of 8 international airports. (Note: The list of airports is detailed below).
Vietnam Visa on arrival valid from 1 month to up to 12 months, allowing single or multiple entries.
How to apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival?
To receive a visa on arrival at an entry airport, an individual foreigner needs an entry approval letter and a passport valid for 6 months. Besides, you need to pay the visa fee issued at the Landing visa area at the airport.
What is the entry approval letter?
The entry approval letter is written approval from the Immigration Department that allows individual foreigners (including names, date of birth, nationality, and passport number) to enter Vietnam once or multiple times. This official letter is issued by the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Public Security of Vietnam at the request of an individual, organization, or company in Vietnam submitting an application.
After receiving the entry letter, you may proceed to enter Vietnam within the validity period and receive your visa on arrival at the airport.
Procedures for an entry letter
Required documents are as follows:
- NA2 form request for entry approval letter NA2, with bar code.
- Copy of valid passport for at least 6 months and with at least 2 blank pages.
- Legal documents of sponsor businesses or individuals:
- For business:
- Notarized copy of business registration certificate or business operation license.
- Form NA16 with signature and seal of business representative.
- Invitation letter for representative at the Vietnamese Immigration Department
- For individual: Notarized copy of citizen identification or temporary residence card/permanent residence card if you are a foreigner.
- For business:
- Form NA2 requires complete information about the date of entry, exit, and schedule of the applicant. This is the basis for the Immigration Department to consider and issue visas on arrival for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and up to 1 year, single or multiple entries.
- For working purposes, foreigners need to have an entry approval letter from the People’s Committee of the province or city where the foreigner works.
Entry Approval letter agencies
Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security in Hanoi
- Address: 44-46 Tran Phu street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi.
- Tel: 024 3825 7941.
- Fax: 024 3824 3287.
- Web: https://xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn.
- Working time from Monday to Saturday morning: 8:00 – 11:30 & 13:30 – 16:00.
Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security in HCM city
- Address: 333-337 Nguyen Trai street, District 1, HCM city
- Tel: 028 3929 – 028 3920 0365.
- Email: email@example.com
- Working time: 8:00 – 11:30 & 13:30 – 16:00 (From monday to Saturday morning).
- Result time: Office hours are from Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
Attention: For Vietnam visa on arrival application, organizations, businesses, or individuals that sponsor foreigners must apply for an entry approval letter in Vietnam, which cannot be obtained at the Vietnamese Embassy abroad. (For more information about visa for investors or DT visa here).
Processing time for entry documents
- 5-7 working days (excluding Saturday, Sunday, and holidays)
- If you have an urgent request for an entry approval letter, please contact the hotline 0917 163 993 – 0904 895 228.
The content of the entry letter includes the following information:
- Full name, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport number, Visa expiry date, day of entry and exit, times of entry into Vietnam
- Permission for the foreigners with the above information to enter and issue visas on arrival at the designated international airport in Vietnam.
01 copy will be delivered to the applicant’s guarantor (taken at the Immigration Department), and at the same time, the Immigration Department will send a copy to the Immigration officer at the international airport where the foreigners enter and receive a Vietnam visa on arrival.
Required documents for Vietnam visa on arrival at the airport
- Valid passport.
- 2 passport photos, size 4x6cm, with white background.
- A copy of the entry approval letter (A4 paper) for foreigners.
- Form NA1 completed and signed.
- Cash to pay for visa on arrival fee.
- Papers on medical regulations on entry (if any).
For the Vietnam travel visa required documents read here.
Vietnam visa on arrival fees at the airport
- 25$: For 1 month or 3 months, enter once.
- 50$: For 1 month or 3 months, multiple entries.
- 95$: For 6 months, multiple entries.
- 135$: 1 year period for US citizens.
Attention: The price may vary depending on the regulation of the Vietnamese government at the time you receive a visa on arrival.
Airport available for visa on arrival in Vietnam
- Noi bai international airport, Hanoi.
- Tan Son Nhat international airport, HCM city.
- Da Nang international airport, Da Nang.
- Cat Bi international airport, Hai Phong.
- Cam Rang international airport, Khanh Hoa.
- Can Tho international airport.
- Lien Khuong international airport, Da Lat.
- Phu Quoc international airport, Phu Quoc island.
How to get a visa on arrival at Vietnam airport
Procedures to get a visa on arrival are as follows:
- Step 1: Check-in at the visa counter at the airport upon entry.
- Step 2: Submit visa application form NA1, passport, and other documents following the instructions of the Vietnam immigration officer.
- Step 3: Pay for the Vietnam visa stamping fee on arrival.
- Step 4: Get the visa on arrival from the Vietnam immigration officer.
Processing time to get visa on arrival at Vietnam airport
Only 15-30 minutes from the time of application to receiving a Vietnam visa on arrival at the Landing visa counter at the airport.
The valid time of Vietnam visa on arrival
- 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, up to 12 months (for eligible US citizens only).
- Allow to enter the country once or many times within the valid time.
Can you extend Vietnam visa on arrival?
- Foreigners holding a valid visa can apply for a visa extension for a maximum period of time equal to the previously issued time if eligible.
- The extension time will depend on the application file of each applicant and the extension policy of the Government of Vietnam at the time you apply for an extension.
Vietnam visa on arrival is available now, for quick visa on arrival application (1 – 3 days), emergency entry approval letter, visa extension, or visa conversion. Free consultation at:
Vietnam visa on arrival and Immigration letter support agency
- Hotline 24/7 (Tel/Zalo/Telegram/Whatsapp): +84917 163 993 / +84904 895 228.
- Tel: 024 3724 5292 – 028 3824 8838.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head office address: 4th floor, Vinapaco Building, 142 Doi Can, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Branch office in HCM city: R102 – 168 Vo Thi Sau – Ward Vo Thi Sau. District 3 – Ho Chi Minh City
VISANGON is confident with more than 18 years of experience in the field of providing immigration services (Vietnam visa on arrival, e – visa, work permit, Temporary Residence Card, etc.) and handling visa problems (visa renewal, extension, and conversion). Fast, cheap, and trustworthy. On-time results. Our highest goal is your satisfaction. VAT invoices and support flexible payment for business if needed.